Sun Valley offers a complete resort experience highlighted by the abundance of high quality, cozy, euro-ambiance luxury day lodges. Here at Sun Valley you can leave behind the high school cafeteria style lodges and experience what the ski gods intended.
There’s nothing better than skiing long, leg burning runs all morning with a reward of a relaxing, luxurious lunch awaiting. Whether your going inside to warm up by the fire on a cold snowy day, or relax and bask in the sunshine overlooking the mountain peaks – Sun Vally delivers!
Lunch at the Roundhouse is a “must do” while staying in Sun Valley. Reservations required so plan to take a leisurely lunch in advance
In addition – Sun Valley is a bit less crowded than a mega resort like Vail, so you don’t need to push and shove your way through a sea of obnoxious, self absorbed tourists just to get a nice meal. In fact, you can make reservations in advance to ensure your table is waiting…
There are several day lodges up on the mountain crests, as well as the base areas to choose from:
Up on the mountain you have the choice of
- The Roundhouse – Accessed atop the Roundhouse Express gondola at 7,700 ft , The Roundhouse has a charming European mountain lodge vibe. Here they have been serving up memorable meals like their classic fondu, warm drinks, and stunning views since 1939. The Roundhouse is America’s original on-mountain dining experience and offers the authentic charm and unmatched elegance for which Sun Valley is known. Don’t worry, nobody will shame you for downloading the gondola after a big lunch filled with cocktails and great wines.- Reservations are available Wed – Mon (208) 622-2800
- Seattle Ridge Day Lodge – Top of the mountain to you! Glide in to Seattle Ridge Lodge, right atop the slopes, and enjoy a bite and beverage when the midday munchies set in. Specializing in wood-fired fare, this restaurant offers grilled steaks and fish, burgers you won’t believe and barbecue to write home about, along with a large variety of food to grab on the go. Our chefs will build salads to order, which you can take with you or enjoy while appreciating one of the most panoramic views in North America.
- Lookout Day Lodge – Perched at a striking 9,150 feet atop Bald Mountain, the Lookout Day Lodge commands a view worthy of its name. Casual and convenient for on-mountain morning coffee and lunch, it’s a local favorite for the affordable taco bar. When the sun’s out, sit back on the sweeping deck and soak up Sun Valley. When it’s snowing, the Lookout is ideal for hunkering down and taking in the glory of winter.
Seattle Ridge Lodge is amazing. Great views, huge fireplace, couches, big screen TV, and great food.
At the Base Areas you can find
- Warm Springs Lodge – The Warm Springs Lodge at the base of Bald Mountain, first built in 1992, was Sun Valley’s original luxury ski lodge. With towering old-growth timbers, river rock, and floor-to-ceiling glass windows, it ushered in a new era of elegance for Bald Mountain amenities. In April of 2018, a fire destroyed the roof and interior of the lodge, but Sun Valley Resort has since recreated a new-and-improved facility to serve the Warm Springs area. From an upgraded food court featuring a state-of-the-art kitchen, expanded indoor seating, and new coffee offerings at the Konditorei bakery & café, to a revamped rental and retail space with 16-foot high definition television and private ski lockers, the new Warm Springs Lodge continues the Sun Valley legacy of world-class construction and craftsmanship. Don’t miss the new granite-top bar, perched under the sunny western-facing window, with stunning views of Lower Warm Springs. Serving winter warmers like Hot Buttered Bourbon, pitchers of craft beer, and the famous “Shot Ski,” it’s the perfect place to kick back for an après drink.
- River Run Day Lodge – After a day of powder turns, River Run Day Lodge offers just what you need to calm your belly. Located right at the base of the mountain, a mix of cuisines awaits wood-fired pizzas, grilled delights, deli sandwiches, salads, and hot wok items. Our full bar is stocked with the finest après-ski libations. Whatever you order, you can enjoy it overlooking a sunny patio or lounging next to the fire in this spacious, luxurious lodge.
- Carols Dollar Mountain Lodge – With options like our signature fried chicken, gooey macaroni and cheese, oven-fired pizza, and grilled burgers, keeping the whole family fueled up for slope time is easy. Carol’s is right next door to the children’s ski and snowboard centers, and offers breakfast and lunch to hungry eaters of all ages.